Join Molly Murray as she interviews the very best birth and parenting professionals. Today's guest is Cincinnati Birth and Parenting Network member Amy Sullivan, a Certified Professional Counselor.
Listen in as Amy shares all about Postpartum Mood Disorders: How to identify them, where to get help, and healing your family as you recover.
A Research study for BREASTFEEDING women - Please share
Dr. Nommsen-Rivers, an IBCLC and research expert in human lactation reached out to us and asked if we would help spread the word on her current research study for breastfeeding women. If you qualify, please reach out to the UC Maternal and Child Nutrition lab office at (513) 558-7041 or if you have any questions.
Please consider this research study if:
• Your baby is between 4-10 weeks old
• You are currently exclusively breastfeeding (i.e. your baby only receives your own breast milk)
The purpose of this research study:
• To better understand why some mothers make plenty of breast milk and others struggle to make enough milk
• This research study lasts about 3 days
• You will complete 2 days in a row (48 hours) of at-home weighing of your baby before and after each feeding.
• You will come to the Cincinnati Children’s Schubert Research Clinic for a 4-5 hour visit that includes blood sugar testing and measuring your milk production
Benefits of Participation:
• You will be provided information about your baby’s growth, milk intake, and your milk production.
• You will be given a summary of your blood sugar and blood lipid levels
• You will be compensated up to $200 for your time and effort
• Please contact the UC Maternal and Child Nutrition lab office at (513) 558-7041 if you are interested in participating in this research study or if you have any questions • Principal Investigator: Dr. Laurie Nommsen-Rivers, PhD, RD, IBCLC University of Cincinnati, Department of Nutritional Sciences
Join Molly Murray as she interviews the best birth and parenting professionals in the area!
Our first show is with Cincinnati Birth and Parenting Network's Natahshia Conner, IBCLC and Health Educator.
What is the cost of a birth doula in Cincinnati or N. Kentucky?
6 years ago, when I first started looking for a birth doula, pregnant with my second child and wanting a supported birth experience different from my first, I kept hearing the word doula. I knew that I wanted to add one to my birth team. A big question I had then was, ''Will I even be able to afford a doula?''
I scoured the various doula directories looking for the most affordable but still warm and approachable looking doula. I eventually found an incredibly warm, compassionate and enthusiastic doula who was only charging a few hundred dollars.
I hired this doula right away. She spent time with me prenatally, answering a ''false alarm'' call a few weeks before my due date, and coming to the hospital for a looong birth, and then coming to my home once again after my baby and I were home.
When it was all said and done, my birth doula in 2012 made pennies on the hour.
Fast forward just a couple years and this phenomenal doula is no longer available or doing birth doula work at all. I have to wonder if the reason is that she wasn't making a fair living wage for all the work she was doing.
UpdateD Blog Post - Introducing Sally Ackerman
Meet Sally Ackerman! Sally is one of the incredible doulas that contracts with Cincinnati Birth and Parenting Doula Agency.
Sally is a professionally trained and qualified birth doula.
Sally has big goals and is ready to grow into this work full time. In doing so, Sally would like to extend a special offer to you as she gains experience. For a limited time, Sally is a Tier 1 doula at a reduced rate of $500!
Birth Doula Services Include:
- One Prenatal Visit
Our prenatal visit is an opportunity for you to get to know Sally and Sally to get to know you and what you want from her in your birth. We can go over your birth and postpartum plan, who else will be at your birth, when to call us, etc.
- Phone, Text, Email Support
Message Sally anytime with questions related to pregnancy, birth or postpartum. Your doula is here for you.
- Access to our twice monthly Meet & Greets
We have one scheduled for March 10th and another on March 22nd. This is your opportunity to meet our whole doula team and other expecting parents.
- On-call from the time of hire
Hire Sally today and go into labor tomorrow? No problem! Once your contract is signed and you've paid, Sally is your doula and available.
- Continuous and unlimited birth support
No matter how short or long your birth is, we are there for you at no extra cost to you.
- Built in back-up doula support
We all work together here at Cincinnati Birth and Parenting Doula Agency. You are working with us as a team, no matter who your primary doula is.
- One Postpartum Visit
This visit is when you are home and ready for Sally to come to your home. She can talk and process your birth with you, offer resources and information, and remind you how strong and supported you are.
For families due in 2018 only.
Retainer of $250 due upon contract signing. Full balance due by 38 weeks.
Who are we?
Cincinnati Birth and Parenting, LLC was founded by Molly Murray, a birth and postpartum doula and childbirth educator. Through this growing company, Molly connects parents with information, resources, and support while also staying committed to building up fellow professionals and connecting them with the people who need their services most.