What is a postpartum doula?
Postpartum Doulas are trained professionals who work with families; offering support, information, resources, and referrals as needed.Your postpartum doula will come to your home or hospital once you've had your baby, bringing along with her a bag of tips and tricks for helping and supporting your family to feel well cared for, loved, and nurtured.
Postpartum Doula Services Include:
- Breast or bottle feeding, diapering, bathing, and other infant care
- Light housekeeping assistance
- Meal planning assistance, grocery shopping, and meal prep
- Running of errands such as store, post office, laundry pickup and drop off, etc.
- Non-judgmental support and affirmation for the whole family
- Screening for Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Resources and referrals
- Care for baby when parents want to shower, nap, or spend some special time with each other or older child(ren)
- Babywearing (wraps, ring slings, soft structured carriers) assistance
- Talking and processing your birth experience
- Education on infant sleep and soothing techniques
Our Postpartum Doulas are available from as little as 3 hours per day to as often as 24 hours, day and night. Clients can book their hours and dates in advance if they have a date in mind (after family leaves, going back to work, etc) or book their hours once their baby or babies arrive. Due to the volume of clients we see, we recommend hiring us during your pregnancy, so that we can adequately plan for to support you.
We accept debit, credit, and HSA funds via Square or Paypal. Cash and check payments may also be arranged.