A Research study for BREASTFEEDING women - Please share
Dr. Nommsen-Rivers, an IBCLC and research expert in human lactation reached out to us and asked if we would help spread the word on her current research study for breastfeeding women. If you qualify, please reach out to the UC Maternal and Child Nutrition lab office at (513) 558-7041 or if you have any questions.
Please consider this research study if:
• Your baby is between 4-10 weeks old
• You are currently exclusively breastfeeding (i.e. your baby only receives your own breast milk)
The purpose of this research study:
• To better understand why some mothers make plenty of breast milk and others struggle to make enough milk
• This research study lasts about 3 days
• You will complete 2 days in a row (48 hours) of at-home weighing of your baby before and after each feeding.
• You will come to the Cincinnati Children’s Schubert Research Clinic for a 4-5 hour visit that includes blood sugar testing and measuring your milk production
Benefits of Participation:
• You will be provided information about your baby’s growth, milk intake, and your milk production.
• You will be given a summary of your blood sugar and blood lipid levels
• You will be compensated up to $200 for your time and effort
• Please contact the UC Maternal and Child Nutrition lab office at (513) 558-7041 if you are interested in participating in this research study or if you have any questions • Principal Investigator: Dr. Laurie Nommsen-Rivers, PhD, RD, IBCLC University of Cincinnati, Department of Nutritional Sciences
Who are we?
Cincinnati Birth and Parenting, LLC was founded by Molly Murray, a birth and postpartum doula and childbirth educator. Through this growing company, Molly connects parents with information, resources, and support while also staying committed to building up fellow professionals and connecting them with the people who need their services most.